Saturday, October 24, 2009

Duke Versus Pfeiffer

Not much has happened since my last entry. Just studying, writing papers, and more studying. And also working at the mental hospital, which I love. This weekend is Parents' Weekend at Duke, which is not saying much for my folks since they come visit me once every 4-6 weeks anyway, but they came for the afternoon to go see the Duke/Pfeiffer basketball game. Who ever thought that Duke and Pfeiffer would play each other, and in Cameron Indoor? Amazing. We were able to get three tickets for $20 each, and even though they were on the back row, they were still good seats. Cameron is so small that it doesn't really matter where you sit, and it was definitely a different experience for me to not be sitting in the Crazies section! I still did the cheers and everything, of course.

We went to dinner first and then headed to the game, where we had a blast. Marold and Gene got to experience what the atmosphere in the stadium is really like, and I know that they were blown away by our school spirit. All the Pfeiffer players looked like middle school kids compared to our players, so it was especially funny to watch them up against Brian Zoubek's 7 feet and 1 inch. Since we whipped them (128-70), I thought that the three of us should celebrate with a brownie ice cream sundae at the Loop. After we finished eating, the parental units left, and now I'm back in my room debating whether or not I want to read my newest Nora Roberts book or do some Latin homework. Whatever homework I don't do today, I'll have to do tomorrow, so it's a tough choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment