Friday, August 21, 2009

The End?

I woke up really nauseous this morning and wasn't even sure if I could go to Jumpin' Jacks with Gene and Sarah for breakfast. After drinking some water, though, my stomach settled down enough to go. I had a Joe's cinnamon bun and regular coffee, and they were delicious. When we got home, I lay out in the sun for almost 2 hours. Unfortunately, I'm really burned now, and I have raccoon eyes from where my sunglasses were. My face is beet red and feels about 200 degrees. Anyways, the rest of the afternoon was pretty worthless, but Marold and I got a lot of packing done, and we're still packing while watching some Arrested Development. I've just felt incredibly nauseous all day. Since nausea is a side effect of Yaz, I assume that that's where it's coming from. It's been pretty miserable at times, but I definitely don't want to stop taking the medicine. I'm hoping that my body will adjust to it quickly. So, I'm heading back to Duke tomorrow, and I'm ready, as long as this nausea goes away. It's gonna be great having a single room in the tower on the main quad. It overlooks the bus stop, too, so I can pretty much roll out of bed and run to the buses if I need to. I'm really excited.

As for Scoliotastic, I'm not sure what's going to happen from now on. I know that I'll be busy when classes get going on Monday, so I can't promise that I'll continue blogging. It's really sad to think that this might be the end, so I'm not going to say that it is. I won't be able to post as often, of course, but I really do hope that I can continue to update. It's been really awesome to have this blog throughout the surgery and all, and it's so interesting to go back and read some of the earliest entries. That's why I can't officially say goodbye. I feel that I have a lot more to say. I'm not finished yet. Nope. Even if it's Christmas break or next summer before I post again, I'm definitely not finished yet. Here we go, junior year...

No comments:

Post a Comment