Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lunch With Leslie

I woke up at about 11:00 and met Leslie at the church at noon. We went to Harmanco's, and I had the cold plate and sweet tea. It was really nice to get to talk to her and get to know her better. She's our associate minister, for those who don't know. Basically, we had a really good conversation and a good meal, and then I read The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks for the rest of the afternoon. I love Nicholas Sparks. He always gets me so hooked on his books, probably because I'm such a hopeless romantic, and I need to believe that I can one day have what his characters have. Anyways, I definitely recommend that book to everyone, as well as all of his other books. When Marold got home at 6:00, she took Sarah and me to Little Tokyo for dinner while Gene was at a meeting. After that, we came home, and Gene suggested that we all go to Sonic for some ice cream. Of course nobody objected. Since then, we've been watching Arrested Development and Project Runway. In other news, I started taking Yaz last night for my PMDD. It's supposed to take about 3 months to work, but I'm praying that it's my miracle drug. Also, my left shoulder blade has been giving me some trouble for about the past 2 weeks. It's almost a burning pain, and it gets pretty intense at times, so I'll have to ask Dr. Hey what's going on with that when I see him next. I guess tomorrow will be a major packing day since I'm moving back to Duke on Saturday! At least Sarah, Gene, and I will be going out to breakfast before all the insanity begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment