Monday, August 17, 2009

Old Man Gene

Today was Gene's birthday, so Sarah woke me up at about 10:30 for the three of us to go to breakfast. Marold wasn't coming since it was her first day back at work. We got ready and went to Waffle House, only to receive a call from Marold soon after we had ordered. She had just started her lunch break, so she was actually able to meet us there and eat with us. It was really nice. Afterwards, Marold and Sarah went home, and I ran some errands with Gene. A bit later, Sarah and I took a fairly long walk and then relaxed for the rest of the afternoon, watching Carmen: The Hip-Hopera and The Nightmare Before Christmas. When Marold got home from work, she had a hair appointment, but when she was finished, we all went to supper at Applebee's. It had been Gene's request yesterday to watch some Disney movies this week, so I burned some illegally, and we watched Hercules tonight while eating the German chocolate birthday cake Sarah and I made. Marold gave Gene a really creepy card with a talking ventriloquist's dummy on the front, and it was perfect since Gene hates puppetry, magic, mimicry, and all things fake. After Hercules, we watched some Arrested Development, of which I have now seen all episodes at least 4 times, and then Gene and Marold went to bed. Sarah and I are still watching Arrested Development, but I'm going to bed soon so I can get up early to visit Emily and TPO at Goggy's house!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that Gene hated all things puppetry. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete