Thursday, August 27, 2009

Nothing Exciting

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. I had theater and Latin, and other than a total tool in my theater class who wanted to debate everything and believed he was right about everything. If anyone else tried to talk, he would snap his fingers when they made a point, like they were wrong and he was showing them how stupid they were and how he didn't have time to listen to them. I wish he would drop the class. As for Latin, I think I'm going to get a tutor. It's close enough to Spanish that I get really mixed up. Why did I not take Spanish, you ask? Well, Spanish is impossible at Duke. Andrew and I studied for a while in the 6th floor study room last night, and it was beautiful. I love it up there, and the stairs to it are right across from my room. The night ended with a phone call from Goggy and a scalding shower.

In other news, Sarah is coming to visit today through Saturday! We'll have a great time for sure, except for that she will have to sleep on the floor. Also, I'm not really sure about Yaz. I've been riding the crimson wave for 9 days now, and it seems like I'm chronically bloated. Hopefully, things will let up soon. As for my back, I've been having that same pain in my shoulder blades, which is no doubt exacerbated by carrying a bag of books around. I still need to make an appointment with Dr. Hey for my 3-month follow-up, but I'll want to talk to him about the shoulder pain when I see him. Well, I'm in personality psych right now, so I should probably pay attention to the lecture. Looking forward to seeing you and the baby whenever he or she emerges, Myrrh!

1 comment:

  1. Ew - 9 days! I never had luck with the ole Yaz as I had to try to it myself for the PMDD. I had to resort to other measures.

    Glad that Sarah is coming to visit for a bit - I know you two will have a blast.

    All is well here - just waiting for Baby K. I sent you an update via gmail on the appointment from yesterday. Goggy informed me that I wasn't progressing yet because, well, it just wasn't time. This baby is going to be a September baby according to her and we know that she "knows" things.

    ReplyDelete