Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Catching Up

Okay, so I didn't exactly get to posting yesterday, but it was a busy day!  I guess I've got a lot to catch up on.  Moses is resting beside me, so now's the perfect time for a long post.

Yesterday, I woke up to Zacchaeus yelling in my face.  I didn't even hear him jump on the bed, but there he was, and he was loud.  I decided to read Cold Mountain for a little bit, but I got a call from Aunt Susan to join her at Gog's for lunch.  My sunburn felt much better, so I headed over to Gog's, and we had a delicious barbecue meal from Whispering Pines.  A good time was had by all, as my father would say.  I got home later in the afternoon and watched some Whose Line is it Anyway before I once again went upstairs to read.  Before I opened the book this time, I got a text from Abby inviting me to have dinner at El Ranchito with her family.  I went back downstairs and met them there.  That meal was also quite tasty, and then we headed to Abby's house afterwards for Rock Band and Mario Kart on the Wii.  We also watched some of Grease 2, which I had never seen before.  There's a reason I'd never seen it before.  That movie is the cheesiest and worst thing ever!  It was great to watch it and laugh at it though.  As is usually the case, I ended up staying at Abby's house really late.  I got home about 5:00 this morning, actually, and I tried to gently wash my face, but it ended up in disaster.  I had sheets of sunburnt skin falling off my face, and I ended up bleeding in some places.  Needless to say, I look like a monster today!  I ended up coating my entire face with Neosporin and got in bed.

Today, I woke up about noon but just stayed in the bed until 1:00 because I had both cats curled up around me.  It was so precious.  I don't care what anyone says.  Cats just know when something is about to happen and a human needs comforting!  They knew, and they acted accordingly. Father came in from work early, and when he unlocked the door, the cats freaked out.  Moses jumped off the bed doing his typical weird growling thing when he feels like the fortress has been invaded by outsiders, and Zac just kind of looked retarded for a few minutes.  That's his usual expression anyway.  I came on downstairs and checked my face.  Definite monster status.  I may never go in the sun for more than five minutes for the rest of my life.  It's just not worth it, and I'm allergic to suntan lotion on my face, so there's not much I can do.  Oh well.  Sometime after Mother gets off work, we'll be leaving to check into our hotel in Raleigh, and I'll be updating the blog this evening.  Hope everyone is having a great day!

I'm going to end with an awesome text that I got from Abby yesterday morning.  The nerves are starting to kick in, and it's exactly what I needed to remember.

"I am sure you are asleep, but good morning!  Only 2 days and you get a new spine!"



3 comments:

  1. I love Abby and don't even know her! Not only did she send you a great text, but she made you watch the ultimate in cheesy films. I agree with you: Grease 2 = utter cheesiness. But - that is exactly what you need before your "little procedure" (as any of the Nance clan would call it). Have fun hanging out in your Raleigh hotel for the night! And just a tip - don't use the hotel provided, freesia scented lotion on your face this evening -it probably won't feel luxurious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey MH! Just saw that you had linked to this on Facebook and was very interested to read. I'm so sorry to hear that you have to have surgery, but it sounds like you have some great doctors taking care of you (and I KNOW your parents are going to be the best nurses during your recovery!) and that you're going to be a new and improved Luby before long! Anyway, I'll be thinking about you and sending pain-free, fast-healing wishes your way. Tell your folks I said hi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Valued Client:

    We are most pleased that you will be having your procedure in the morning. Rest assured, your back is covered (pun intended)!

    At Central Staffing, we work to improve the quality of life for both you and your family. Our trained professionals provide the expert care our customers deserve. Through effective diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing prevention, we strive to keep our patients healthy for life.

    We welcome the opportunity to serve you, and hope that you will keep us posted on your continued progress. Should you desire nursing services (circa 1948), please do not hesitate to email or call us. Also, a "goodie bag" is on its way via the US Postal Service!

    Hugs,
    Aunt Shoo ;)

    ReplyDelete