Friday, May 22, 2009

Turning Point?

I don't want to speak too soon, but I think I hit a turning point today, a week and a day after the operation.  Yesterday was just awful, but things improved dynamically this morning.  I've had a slight medicine change, and so far it seems to be okay.  I might even go upstairs tomorrow!  Who knows?

I did something this morning that I shouldn't have, even though it's had no lasting effects to my knowledge.  I picked up my 17-pound cat Moses.  I'm not supposed to pick up anything above 15 pounds for the next 3 months, and right now, I'm not supposed to be picking up much at all.  However, he was just sitting there looking so adorable, and he was on the bed, so I didn't have to bend down to pick him up.  I just slung him over my shoulder and took him to the kitchen.  That was all.  If he had been on a lower level, I wouldn't have even considered it since I can't bend in any direction right now.  It was just perfect, and it felt so good to hold him for that brief minute.

The rest of today has just been spent resting, watching TV, and playing a bit on the laptop.  It's hard to do anything with the laptop anymore because it's failing fast.  I never shut it off because if I do, I never know if it's gonna come back on.  If it does come back to life, all my desktop icons have been rearranged.  The thing has a mind of its own.  Oh, and the battery won't recharge anymore, so I have to plug the laptop in at all times. How frustrating!

Well, I think I'm gonna head off now.  I realized that the pictures I posted last time cannot be enlarged, so if you're just dying to see them larger, let me know.  I can send them to you, or you can just add me as a Facebook friend since they're all on there.  My goal tomorrow is to get a shower, put on some clothes other than a nightgown, and go visit Aunt Carolyn and Poo at Gog's house.  I really hope today has been the turning point and that my recovery is all downhill from here!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! I am so glad that you are feeling so well, considering! Feel free to come join the orthopedic unit which will be in full force as of Tuesday!! We can all recoup together!! I am glad that you are getting along as well as you are...you are a tough cookie. Poo and I have NO room to complain, it's no fair, you set the standards too high!

    ReplyDelete