Saturday, May 16, 2009

Learner's Permit

Luby just walked!

She had two physical therapists help her sit up, then stand up. When she stood, I had to stand beside her. I really think she has gained more than an inch in height. Using a walker and with the PTs close by, she walked about 20 feet into the hall, then turned around and walked back. She was a bit shaky along the way, but she was determined to make it. When she got back to the bed, she laid down and said she was thirsty and exhausted. Right now, she is asleep, getting the rest she needs for this afternoon's walk.

As a side note, she has no more IVs. Her progress is evident.

2 comments:

  1. Helen and I are thrilled with your progress and great results. We just got back from Virginia Tech after driving Gog and Grandaddy to Poo's graduation. It was 3 hours up there and 3 hours back. The weather was fine but the walk was long. Virginia Tech is a beautiful campus and I had never been there before. It is spread out all over the place. I thought N.C. State and UNC were spread out, but Virginia Tech has both of them covered in land size. We all got up at 5:30 this morning so we could leave at 6:30 and make it there before 10. I think she has her ACL surgery this Tuesday. Helen and I hope that you continue to progress as well as you have so far and that you get home and fully recovered soon. Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, okay...I was okay with an inch...MAYBE I still had a little bit of a shot at being the tallest girl cousin...but what is all this talk about MORE than an inch! That is going to be more of a problem. I think I'm going to get one of those anti-gravity beds where I can have gravity make me taller! Hahaha! Kyle and I are so happy to hear that you are doing so well. Keep working through that PT, and I'm sure you will officially achieve the title of "Tallest Girl Cousin!" Perhaps you will receive a trophy, t-shirt, or medal from Central Staffing! WHOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete