Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm Alive

I'm home.  I slept in the downstairs guest bedroom last night, and I'm slowly forgetting how awful the hospital bed was.  Basically, it had a mind of its own.  Once you adjusted the bed to where you wanted it, it would mold to your pressure points to add extra support in several areas, one of which was the lumbar area - exactly where I did not need and did not want extra pressure.  It was awful, but this normal bed is fantastic.  The kittens were so upset that they were being shut out of the bedroom for safety purposes that they would sit there and yell at the door.  If one of my parents came to open it, one cat would certainly sneak it and come running in to jump on the bed with me.  Moses, usually, but he's such a graceful jumper despite his 17 pounds that I really don't feel him.  Deefle let him in the room to rest with me this morning, and he just stayed beside me and purred.  It was so precious.

I'm up sitting and walking short distances with no assistance now, but it really hurts.  The good news is that my family and I are almost positive that I've gained at least 2 inches in height.  The physical therapists said the same thing when they fitted me for a walker.  They said I was at least 5'10" on Saturday.  I'm pretty excited about that.

While in the hospital, I received surprise visits from one of my dad's colleagues, who brought a beautiful flower arrangement; my second cousin and her son, whom I had never met before; and Uncle Mike and Aunt Candi, who brought me a funny, cute card.  I also received a huge, gorgeous floral arrangement from another couple my dad works with, so my room looked awesome despite me, the vegetable moaning in the bed.

Right now, I'm sitting in the recliner in the den watching Lifetime movies and trying to find a comfortable position to sit in, although none exists. Sigh.  I miss that morphine drip more than I can begin to explain!  Thanks so much to everyone for their prayers and thoughts during my surgery and recovery!

1 comment:

  1. Oh - I wish I was joining you for some of that fabulous cinematography and acting that is on Lifetime!!! Here's to hoping there are some oldies but goodies for you to enjoy this week!

    ReplyDelete