Monday, May 11, 2009

I Smell Medicinal

I just showered for the first time with my antibacterial surgical scrub. That's why I smell medicinal.  It's a good idea to use it and all, but I just didn't expect to smell like the hospital a few days before I even get there. Oh well.  Only a couple more days using the scrub!

As for my sunburn, it reminds me of a certain episode of I Love Lucy, where Lucy tries to get a tan before modeling in an upscale fashion show. Of course, she gets terribly burned and has to waddle down the runway with her arms jutting out at her sides.  That's how I felt today, actually.  I didn't make it to Mazatlan for lunch with my friends, unfortunately, because I woke up and was hurting.  The pain could've been alleviated with some pain medication, but I'm not allowed to take any.  Alas!  Sorry, Matt and Kristen.  I really did want a chicken taco salad, but I ended up sleeping until 4:00 in the afternoon instead.

I made a devastating realization today.  My surgery is on a Thursday. That probably doesn't mean anything to anyone except for fans of The Office, but I will probably miss the new episode!  I never do that!  I guess I could watch it since it comes on at 9:00, but I bet that I'm gonna be really tired and out of it.  No Office for me.  I'll be watching it online as soon as I feel up to it though.

Well, I'm off to apply some more aloe to my nose and watch the latest episode of The Office again.  I'll be checking in sometime tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Central Staffing is on stand-by. Our Head Nurse, Helen Faucette, RN(former Asst. Head Nurse Med/Surg, DUMC, 1948), has been assigned to your case. Her uniform and cap have been starched for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure that at least someone in the operating room received some training at UNC-Chapel Hill. We want you to have the best of care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Emmett:

    Okay, it's a tough job...so I'll come together with Gene, Mike, and Tim and we'll do the operation for only half of what Dr. Hay will charge. We can assure you of a few things:
    1) it won't hurt at all...we have drugs for this kind of thing
    2) we know what we're doing...we're all experts in our field...only we don't know crap about back surgery
    3) we charge less because we're just cheap! We use no bandages, no needles, no hospital room! We only use duct tape, Sears Craftsman (sterilzed of course) tools, and we spare no expense on the room...we do this in your basement and it feels, well, more homey!!

    Gal, take care! I'm in Vegas this week but I think I've got the prayers figured out to arrive there without the 3 hour delay. Thursday I'll be thinking of you and family! We love ya!

    Uncle Emmett

    ReplyDelete