Thursday, May 14, 2009

Getting Started

This is Mary Hannah's (Luby's) father - her Deefle. Last night, Luby told me to take pictures today, even if she looks horrible. That from the girl who can spend hours in front of a mirror before leaving a room. I really doubt you will ever see those pictures. She also gave me specific instructions for posting on her blog while she can't. I doubt I will follow her rules. They are too general. One says, "Use good judgment." If I did that, Luby would not have been born. Luby also reminded me that some of my co-workers will see what I write. I told her they are readily aware of my use of good judgment.

Anyway, this morning, we woke up at 5:30, and we were at the hospital by 6:15. They prepped Luby for the operating room and gave her a happy shot. She liked it. She liked it a lot. Luby's mother - her Mumphy - and I were able to spend some time with her before they took her to the operating room at 8:30. Just before they left, they gave her another happy shot. She liked it a lot. She liked it a whole lot. They say it will take about an hour and a half to get her ready for the surgery and they will let us know as they get started. More later...