Sunday, July 5, 2009

Church & Lunch

I woke up today and got ready for church and First Sunday Lunch. The service was really good, and even though the pews still hurt my back a lot, they're not nearly as bad as they used to be. I wasn't really impressed by the meal after church. It was mainly to welcome our new preacher and his family, and they seem really nice by the way, but the food was kind of disappointing. Our covered dish meals are usually excellent, and I pile my plate up to the ceiling, but I had a really hard time finding even a few appetizing things. Maybe my appetite was just off, but I don't think so. I got to talk to a lot of people I hadn't talked to in a while, like Paula, Carmella, and the Overtons, which was great! It's awesome to know how much people care about me and have been thinking about me throughout this whole ordeal. Our associate pastor Leslee even wants to go to lunch with me this week. I'm really glad I went to church, even though I was really tired.

When we got home, we all took naps. I read some of the Nora Roberts book I'm working on. It's two books in one volume called Love by Design, and it's excellent. Eventually, I fell asleep and slept for about 3 hours or more, and when I got up, Mumphy and I made salmon steaks in my old Ronco Showtime Rotisserie & BBQ. They were amazing! I felt like I was eating at a seafood restaurant. Along with some baked apples, cooked carrots, and garlic cheese biscuits, the meal tonight was superb. After I finished eating, I decided to go on a little walk outside with Moses. I only took him around the yard, of course, but it was amazing how little my back hurt afterwards. Before the surgery, I'd be in serious pain after walking with him in my arms for as long as I did, but not now.

Tomorrow, Deefle will be out of town, so Mumphy and I are planning on having a fun day and maybe going to Waffle House for brunch or something. It'll be nice to have that crazy, pestering Gene out of the house. He got mad at me for the previous blog where I said that he pestered me, but he knows it's true. Anyways, for the rest of tonight, I'll be doing nothing, as usual. Talk about pathetic. I am looking forward to our trip to NYC at the end of the month though, which Deefle scheduled today!

No comments:

Post a Comment