Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Delicious 4OJ

The past two days were worthless, which has become a favorite word of mine to describe my uneventful days, but I did finish all three seasons of Arrested Development a second time around. As for today, nothing happened until 6:30, but Marold, Gene, and I went over to Goggy's house for hot dogs, baked beans, potato salad, pickles, sweet tea, and apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream. If you're wondering why I refer to my mother as Marold now, it's because Harry is a nickname for Harold, so I figure that Mary has to be a nickname for Marold. Don't try to figure me out. I have extremely odd logic. Anyway, the meal tonight was delicious, and I really enjoyed talking to Gog in the kitchen after supper when everyone else was in the den. She was telling me about how she and Granddaddy met and how all the doctors and surgeons used to chase after her when she was Head Nurse of her department at Duke Hospital back in the day. It's so neat to hear old love stories like that because they remind me of The Notebook and stuff. I wish I lived during that time because guys these days are just worthless. There's that word again. I just wanna date or something. Is that too much to ask? Even though I want to be a psychologist, all that I really want to do with my life is become a devoted wife and mother. In this day and age, that unfortunately makes me a weirdo. I think I was meant to be a 1950s housewife. I dunno how I ended up here. Well, since I'm rambling, I might as well end this entry. Hope my two or three readers are still enjoying a fabulous Fourth of July. Watch some fireworks for me, or at least do something more productive than what I'm doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment