Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mary's Baby Shower

Mary's baby shower was today! I woke up at 8:00 to get ready, and then Mumphy and I went to Gog's at 9:15, where Uncle Jim picked up the three of us. The ride was painfully boring because Gog decided to talk about cotton picking the entire time. The party was at Catherine's house, and we got there at about 10:30 exactly. There was a great turnout and tons of presents. Mary, I think you're pretty much set with all those gifts! The food was excellent, especially the famous sausage and egg casserole. Kudos to Aunt Helen and Catherine for the delicious cuisine, and kudos to Emily for the yummy monkey mix party favors. When it was time to open the presents, I was put on trash duty, putting all the wrapping paper in a bag. There were so many cute things, especially the clothes. The coolest thing by far, though, was Mary's new baby monitor system with a TV screen and everything. That was pretty awesome. It was great getting to see the cousins and all, but I really want to spend some time with all of them alone soon. I'm hoping that we can all go on a beach trip at some point or something fun like that. We rode back home with Aunt Helen, and Gog decided to ask her all about inner and outer belts and the highway system. This time, I just decided to go to sleep. I didn't nap too well, but I took a better nap later after we got home and I had some lunch. Just now, I've finished helping Mumphy make frozen bananas. We dipped some in chocolate and some in a chocolate-peanut butter mixture, and then we rolled some in nuts and some in sprinkles. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to eating those. Oh, and Catherine told us at the shower about a dream she had last night. Gene lived on the international space station, and Catherine called him to ask him a question. The connection was bad, so Gene sat down at his piano on the space station and started playing a song about how trees and frogs are green. I can't really describe it, but it was hilarious. Oh, and another thing. Sarah saw a woman poop on the sidewalk today in NYC, and then she went to an improv show where that story got used for the performers to make a Broadway musical out of it.

And now for a special shout-out to Mary. Mary, you looked gorgeous today! You were glowing, and I loved the outfit. Also, I've decided that the baby is a girl. This has nothing to do with Gog's guess, either. Your child spoke to me today and told me she was a girl. Okay, I'm kidding, but I just got that vibe. Anyways, it was great to see you today, of course, and the ultrasound pictures were precious. Glad to see that the baby bears the Nance seal of approval. I look forward to chatting with you on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. YESH, I got a Scoliotastic shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - I got one, too! Granted, although my shower was amazing and I always enjoy a comment about how great I look (even though I feel like an elephant) - Sarah definitely wins the prize here! She saw someone poop on the sidewalk?! Now - that is entertainment.

    ReplyDelete