Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Precious One

Today was quite lovely. When I woke up, Mumphy went to get us some biscuits and coffee from Bojangle's since Gene was out of town. We watched our soaps, and then Emily called me and told me that she wasn't feeling up to going out to lunch but that I could come by at about 2:00 when she and Edmund woke up from a nap. At about 2:30, I headed over there, and Emily and I just had a great afternoon of just talking and playing with The Precious One. He is honestly the cutest child that has ever lived. Everything about him is perfect, especially his dimpletastic smile. Mary, your child has a lot to live up to, and you know it. Even though I couldn't pick Edmund up, I was able to play with him and have a blast. Poo came over at about 4:30, and Aunt Helen got home soon after. At that point, Emily decided that we cousins should go to Harmanco's for dinner while Aunt Helen kept The Precious One. I had a delicious club sandwich, chips, and sweet tea, and Poo shared some of her fried pickles with me. The meal was great, and we went back to the Nance household for a little while until Emily had a sudden craving for Sno-Biz. It sounded so good, so we all got back in my car and went there. I got candy apple and blueberry flavoring on my shaved ice, and the three of us ate in the car. Emily also got a milkshake for Aunt Helen, since she had been taking care of Edmund. After we finished eating, we made a quick trip to the bank for Emily, and then I dropped both of them off at their houses. It was really a good day. I'm headed to the beach tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll be updating the blog over the weekend, but Mary, I'm sure you'll survive!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO jealous of your day yesterday! Sounds like such a wonderful time! And the beach!?!? Have fun! I actually won't have much internet access this weekend (we will be in Maryland for Crab Feast XVII) so I will allow you to go - this time.

    ReplyDelete