Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wally World

Jordan woke me up this morning at about 9:30, and she was already showered and dressed. I just couldn't get up yet because I was still exhausted from yesterday's drive, and I didn't actually wake up until 12:15. Jordan had texted me and said that she was going out for a while and to let her know when I woke up, so I texted her back. She had gone to Walgreen's to buy some pencils, of course, and then to McDonald's for breakfast. Marold and Gene got home from church before Jordan got back, and then Jordan and I decided that we wanted to go to Wal-Mart with Marold. We actually ended up at the Shoe Department first, where Jordan was able to fit into some children's shoes, and then we went to Wal-Mart and looked at about everything. After we were done shopping, we went to Applebee's and had lunch. I had a California turkey club, fries, and sweet tea. When we came back home, we just sat in the den and talked for a while. She left at about 6:00, but not before I gave her a present, her souvenirs from my summer activities, a Hey Clinic pen and mug. Gene, Marold, and I just watched some of season 2 of Arrested Development and are enjoying some frozen bananas right now. Mine is chocolate-covered and dipped in coconut. It's absolutely delicious. I've got to shower and pack soon, and we're leaving at 10:00 in the morning for the airport. I'm not taking my laptop with me, so I'll probably not be blogging until Friday at the earliest. My sincerest apologies to Mary. I'll see what I can do, but no guarantees. Yay for NYC!

1 comment:

  1. I guess I will live! I had a fabulous time with you on Friday night - and I will see you next weekend when you get home!!! Have a wonderful trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete