Monday, July 6, 2009

Silly Gene

Silly Gene didn't leave today until mid-afternoon, so our plans for brunch at Waffle House were shot. I slept in this morning and did nothing until Gene left. Then Marold and I decided that we were going to have an early supper, so we got ready and went to Pizza Hut. We got a large pizza, and now I've got a few slices of cheese left for tomorrow's lunch. The sweet tea was also quite excellent. After that, we drove around for a while until it was time for me to go to my weekly book club meeting. I headed out for that at about 6:50, and we had an awesome time, of course. We discussed giving and receiving criticism and how it affects our pride. We also got our books today. I would tell you the title, but the book is in the kitchen, and I'm too lazy to get it right now. I think it will be a really good read, though. When I got home from the book club, Mumphy and I just sat around and watched some TV until we spontaneously decided to go get some dessert at Applebee's. We got there around 10:00 and ordered coffee and a chocolate chip cookie sundae. It was delicious, but we totally stuffed ourselves. When Gene is gone, we are apparently gluttons. Plus, he won't be back until later tomorrow, so who knows what other shenanigans we'll get into?

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day!!!! Honestly - it sounds just wonderful to me! And PH sweet tea is definitely my favorite - in fact - it might just beat Mickey D's in my book!

    ReplyDelete