Saturday, July 25, 2009

Duke & Harry Potter

I woke up at 10:00 this morning, got ready, and drove to Duke to meet Jordan for lunch. The ride was extremely relaxing, and I listened to the radio and sang the whole way. When Jordan and I met in the Blue Zone, we walked together to the Bryan Center and around the plaza, quickly realizing that nobody was around except for the summer camp kids. She wasn't hungry, so we decided to sit on some benches on the main quad and watch the campers play games and do organized sports. After a while, I wanted a water bottle, so we went to Alpine Atrium, where Bryan ended up surprising me with his hand on my eyes when I was turned around. It was great to see him, of course, if even just for a few minutes. A bit later, we drove to Torero's right off East Campus, and we had a wonderful meal. I had the vegetarian quesadilla, rice, beans, and sweet tea. Jordan also gave me my long-overdue Christmas presents, The Office trivia game and some assorted colored pens, and some souvenirs from Australia, 5 silver demitasse spoons with Australian things on them. At this point, we didn't have any other business in Durham, so she followed me home. It was an awful day for roadkill. I saw two recently-killed deer and one recently-killed dog, and a beautiful butterfly hit my windshield and died. I know it's stupid, but I cry every time I see a dead animal in the road unless it's a snake or something completely gross.

When we got back into Albemarle, we were still pretty full from our late lunch, so we decided to go to the 6:30 showing of the new Harry Potter. I was less than impressed. It should've been called Harry Potter 6: Sexual Tension Among Teenagers. The stupid little relationships among everyone got extremely tiring after a while, and there were some innuendoes that were kind of inappropriate for younger fans. Jordan and I ended up laughing through most of it. Would I recommend it to others? Not at all. Don't waste your money. If you want a spoiler, here it is, so be advised. The only important part of the whole movie was when Dumbledore died, and even that was pretty pathetic. I felt like I was seeing the death of Gandalf from Lord of the Rings all over again, but this one was far more ridiculous. Although the movie was a bust, Jordan and I had a lot of fun, and we went to Sno-Biz afterwards. I had a candy apple and blueberry snow cone with cream, and it was quite tasty. We recently got home, and Jordan was so tired that she's now gone to bed. I don't know what we're up to tomorrow, but I plan to sleep in since the family has an early flight to NYC Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment