Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Two Meals Out

Today was pretty much just awesome. I woke up at 10:00 and got ready to go to lunch with Katie at 11:30 at the Fresh House. The drive there was very relaxing, and Katie and I had a great lunch. We stayed there for about an hour just talking and acting stupid, and it was just really nice to see her. After all, she was my freshman roommate. Whenever we hang out, it makes me realize that I really miss her now that she's not at Duke anymore. Basically, she needs to transfer back. She had to leave to go play golf with her dad, and she's getting her wisdom teeth out tomorrow, so I feel for her. I told her not to complain, though, because I had 3 IVs during my surgery, including one in my neck, so her little arm IV tomorrow will be child's play. It was so funny because she and I used to be the same height, and now I've easily got 2 inches on her. She said when we walked in together that she felt like she was walking next to a model. I had on 2-inch heels, so that helped some, but I still felt really tall when I took them off. She's not used to girls who are taller than she is. When I left the restaurant and said goodbye to Katie, I had a text from Poo asking if I wanted to exchange books. She would give me her copy of The Notebook if I gave her my copy of A Walk to Remember, so when I got home, I got the book and made the exchange up at her house. After that, I decided to go get two iced coffees for Marold and me. Gene was out of town for the day. When Marold got home from the grocery store, she had a nice surprise waiting in the refrigerator for her. Soon, Catherine called, and we planned to have dinner at Sonic together. At 6:30, I met her out there and had a grilled cheese, fries, ocean water, and then an ice cream cone. We had a really great conversation about what's been going on in our lives at college and all, and then we decided to go to Chuck Morehead to swing. I've always been addicted to swinging, and I hadn't done it in a long time, so it was perfect. We had a great time for a while out there just acting like little kids all over again, and then we parted ways. Now, I'm not doing much, but I'll hopefully be going to lunch with Emily and The Precious One (Edmund) tomorrow afternoon! Oh, I also got a postcard from Jordan in Australia today! It was very exciting. I'm just so sad that I can't read some of it because there are stamps on the words.

1 comment:

  1. You get to see TPO today! I am SO jealous! Give him a kiss on the head from his Aunt Mar! AIM later on for sure!

    ReplyDelete