Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another Restless Night

Yesterday was pretty good despite being exhausted after only a few hours of sleep. When I got up, I had breakfast, and then Goggy and I went shopping at Burke's. I had told her that there was a lot of fun stuff to look at in there, and we both really enjoyed it. We spent over an hour just looking around, and she bought two frames and a gold bracelet, and then we went to Applebee's for an afternoon snack, although it was more of a meal. I didn't realize how tired walking around Burke's had made me, but as soon as I sat in that booth at the restaurant, the exhaustion hit me. By the time we left and were driving back to her house, I asked her to drop me at my house so I could take a nap on the sofa. Moses joined me, and Gog called me at about 7:00. She came to pick me up for dinner, and we had some country ham and vegetables. I was still really tired, so I hung out in the back bedroom until I finally fell asleep at about 3:00. Of course, I woke up again at 7:00 and couldn't go to sleep until 8:30. Every time I got up in the middle of the night, Gog came to check on me. It was very kind of her, but also pretty annoying because I knew she was just waiting to hear my footsteps and swoop down upon me. At noon, she woke me up, and now I'm at home while she takes Poo and Meagan to rehab. I expect that I'll take a nap pretty soon to make up for another night of restless legs and insomnia, and then I'm going to take a shower. I can tell that the restless leg syndrome is not as bad anymore at night, but I'm still an insomniac. Maybe sleeping in my own bed tonight will help. The family will get home this evening, and I will be very glad to see them. Hopefully, the side effects from my Oxycontin cold turkey withdrawal will subside soon. Aunt Susan's pharmacist friend said that the worst of it should be over in 4 days, based on what she has read. Good. I'm ready to start enjoying my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment