Monday, June 29, 2009

An Eventful Day

I had been hoping for some excitement, and I actually got some today. The morning started off as usual, which means that it was insanely boring. I watched some more Arrested Development and then the usual soaps with Mumphy. After that, Mumphy and I went on a walk around the block and a little farther because the humidity wasn't too bad. I handled the walk really well, and I would've handled it better had I not still been able to feel Sunday's church pew digging into my back. I chatted with Mary a little bit when I got back from the walk, and then Mumphy and I went to the basement to weed through some old books. We've accumulated so many books from library used book sales over the years, but we got rid of a lot of them today. Some of them had water damage from the basement flooding, and others were just worthless. I was pretty tired by that point, so I took a nap from 6:00 until 6:45. When I woke up, I got in the car and headed over to Catherine's house for her summer book club. Unfortunately, the books she ordered hadn't come in yet, so our group of girls just sat around and talked, baked chocolate chip cookies, and then delivered the cookies to various workers at the hospital. We had an awesome time, and I met several really nice girls! I think that the book club is going to be a great success! I got home at about 9:45 and hopped on the computer. Marty popped up on AIM and asked if I wanted to go to Sonic. At about 10:10, I met him at Sonic for an ocean water, also known as the suntan lotion beverage. It was delicious. We stayed there on the patio and talked until they started to shut off the lights at 11:00. Now I'm back home and planning to watch a little more Arrested Development before I go to sleep. I doubt it'll be long before I head to bed, though, because today has been pretty eventful for me!

1 comment:

  1. Yum. Ocean water. It is only my second favorite though - I am a Cherry Limeade kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete