Thursday, June 25, 2009

Six Weeks Ago...

Six weeks ago, I had my surgery. Unbelievable. My scar looks great now, and I'm getting around fabulously. Today marks my fourth day without any medication whatsoever. I feel great. Even about 2 weeks ago, I still wouldn't have recommended this surgery to anyone, but now, I definitely would. It's one of the best things I've ever done, and I'm so glad I went through with it when I did. I love being taller, too. I realized a couple days ago that if I walk a lot, I can actually breathe now. Before the surgery, I had to gasp for several minutes after walking to class, so I'd have to leave my room early to allow for this breathless time. Now, I can breathe through my nostrils. Apparently, my lung capacity was greatly reduced by the pressure from my spine. Not anymore!

So, the last two days have been worthless except for Arrested Development, an absolutely hilarious show that Matt recommended to me. I'm hooked on it now. It's not as good as The Office because nothing is, but it's still really funny. I finished the whole first season yesterday, and I'm over halfway into the second season today. It's really depressing that the show was canceled after only 3 seasons. I just don't know what I'll do when it ends. Other than that, I've done nothing. Absolutely nothing. Deefle just got over a rotten cold, and Mumphy just caught it yesterday. I do have a project to look forward to, though. Mary has enlisted me to help her with a fabric animal project for her baby's nursery wall. I'm so excited, and it's gonna be super cute! I'm referring to the project, but the baby will obviously be super cute as well!

I see Dr. Hey this coming Wednesday, and I'm guessing he's going to be really happy about my progress. I've still got numbness in a rectangular area across the top of my back, but I think that's normal. It used to be all over my back, but that gradually went away, so I think this will, too. Eventually. I only have a tiny scab left on the bottom of the scar, and it's on there pretty securely. Part of it loosened up and was hanging off for a while, so Deefle tried to pull it off, but it wouldn't budge. He ended up cutting just that loose part off with scissors, but the rest of it is still there. No big deal, of course. That's all that's left! I'm going to continue watching Arrested Development now while celebrating the fact that the past 6 weeks are now over!

No comments:

Post a Comment