Tuesday, June 16, 2009

No More Oxycontin

That's it. After last night's restless limbs and tonight's insomnia and night sweats, I'm done with the Oxycontin. I refuse to let myself take any more of it. It's one powerful drug for sure. Tonight, or this morning, whatever you wanna call it, I woke up again at 3:00 and have been unable to sleep ever since. What's the use in prolonging the withdrawal? It's time to just get it over with, so let the records show that my last dosage of Oxycontin was taken on Saturday, June 13, 2009. As of Sunday, June 14, 2009, I am now clean. I'm tempted to flush all the pills just so I don't relapse, but I'm going to keep them around for emergencies, just like a heroin addict would. Man, I didn't realize what a powerful hold these tiny pills had on me.

Anyway, yesterday was a good day. I woke up at about 11:15, had breakfast, and then Gog took me home. I finished writing all my thank-you notes, and now all I need to do is address them and send them out. I then ate the brown bag lunch Goggy had sent with me, took a shower, and shaved my own legs again. Yay! By the time I had finished drying my hair, I was exhausted, so I took a nap for about an hour and a half until Gog called and said that she would be sending Granddaddy over in the next little bit to pick me up for supper. I had no idea that Emily and Edmund were coming to visit today, and when Gog told me that they were over at her house, I was about to take a much-needed nap and couldn't muster the energy to head over there. The good news is that the baby was still around when I arrived for supper, but I missed seeing Emily! That was very disappointing. We had spaghetti, took a little walk outside, and then Goggy went to doctoring up my scar with alcohol swabs. Just a few days ago, my entire back was still numb, but the numbness is gradually going away, especially now that I'm off the Oxycontin. On a side note, I just sneezed and it nearly killed me. Sneezes are the most painful things ever these days. After the nurse fixed me up, I lay on the bed and watched some Whose Line until I went to sleep around 12:30.

Surprisingly enough, the pain without the Oxycontin has not been unbearable or even as bad as I thought it would be. I've been dosing myself up with Tylenol and Advil, but not too many and not too often, either. I think I'm just so ready to be back to normal that my body is just sucking up the pain. I might eat my words after a few more days without my dear friend Oxycontin, but I certainly hope not. Well, I guess I'll put the computer down now and lie here hoping that sleep will eventually find me.

1 comment: