Monday, June 1, 2009

Two Worthless Days

This isn't going to be long because there's not much to say.  The past two days have been pretty worthless for me, and all I've done is lie around, watch TV, and play The Sims.  I would love to be out and about, but I ran out of Oxycodone, which was one of my main pain medications.  Being so suddenly cut off from it, I'm experiencing some pretty bad pain.  I've not even been sitting up for more than 15 minutes or so at a time because it hurts so much.  I know I said that I was ready to be off all my medications, but perhaps not.  However, I know that this, too, shall pass.

I do have one good thing to report for today, and that is the fact that I'm going to sleep upstairs in my own bed tonight for the first time since before the surgery.  I've discovered that I now have the strength to slowly bend down to sit on a regular commode instead of my especially fabulous high-rise one.  I'm also climbing stairs with no trouble, although I'm sure it will be more difficult now without the Oxycodone.  I'm still on Oxycontin, though, which I still need, as well as copious Advil and Tylenol.  Since my birthday is next Sunday, I'm hoping that I'll have a significant pain decrease in the next week.

On another note, I don't think people realize how serious and invasive my operation was.  Some of my friends have been offended by my lack of contact with them, and that really saddens me.  Whereas they believe that I'm being a bad friend by staying so cut off and reclusive over the past two weeks, they don't realize that I've been in bed most of the time, and that I would much rather be out having fun.  I also don't want any of them to think that I'm milking this recovery for all it's worth, because I'm certainly not.  I'm ready to be completely well and not have everyone wait on me hand and foot.  It's frustrating to think that some of my friends simply don't understand all this, but I guess that if they've never had surgery, they can't relate.  I don't hold it against them, and I just hope that they're not holding it against me.  The massive scar all the way down my back could speak volumes if it had a mouth, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment