Sunday, June 28, 2009

Relaxing Weekend

I woke up yesterday at 7:30 because Deefle told me that he had made coffee. We all hung out in the den for a while, and then Mumphy and I decided to cook. I helped her make some cowboy stew in the crock pot, and I baked some spice cupcakes with cream cheese icing. I then took a nap for 4 hours. It was wonderful. We enjoyed our dinner and dessert very much. Honestly, nothing else happened whatsoever. I stayed up last night until about 2:00, and then I crashed. I finished The Night Lives On again, too. Now I have to find another book to read. It's probably going to be the Twilight saga all over again. I'm not complaining.

Oh, another funny thing that happened last night was that Sarah passed out. It may not sound funny, but it happens to her so often that even she is able to laugh about it. I was chatting with her on AIM, and she had had to leave dinner early with one of her residents who had gotten sick at the restaurant. Some of her friends were bringing Sarah's food to her later, but they didn't show up until about 11:45. All of a sudden, Sarah disappeared on AIM, and when she returned, she told me that she had passed out. Apparently, her friends knocked on her door with her dinner, so she jumped up to get it and stubbed her toe on the door. It started bleeding, which she could not handle. She told the girls that she didn't deal well with blood, so they started bandaging her toe up for her. She passed out anyway, but she was only out for a few seconds. The irony is that when she had to share something about herself with her fellow group advisors in an icebreaker activity, she had told them that she doesn't deal well with blood and that her younger sister makes up words for medical terms that she can't deal with. For instance, blood is bishkin in our household. One of the girls who brought her food actually remembered this. Sarah was fine after she ate her dinner, and she's apparently fine today, but it was hilarious. Typical Sarah.

Mumphy woke me up at 9:45 this morning to get ready for church. I was pretty tired, but I hopped out of bed before Moses jumped up and pinned me down for another 15 minutes or so. It was Clyde's last Sunday, so it was pretty emotional. A nice service though. I spent a good amount of it watching little Natalie imitate Carmella's conducting. She's so precious. Natalie, that is. Afterwards, everyone said goodbye to Clyde and Wanda at the door and signed a quilt that some of the church members had made for him. I wrote "Go Duke!" and signed my name. When we got in the car, I suggested that we go out to eat, and Deefle agreed. Harmanco's was the restaurant of choice, and we all ordered clubs, chips, and sweet tea, of course. The best thing about getting a club is that you always have half left over for another meal. We got home, and I took a nap for about 3 hours. Dinner was almost as delicious as lunch since we all had our leftovers, but we were missing the sweet tea and chips. Now, we're all just sitting in the den watching TV and doing nothing. I've restarted Arrested Development, and even Sarah has promised to begin watching it when she has time. Well, that's about all for tonight. Is it just me, or is my life getting much more boring? I'm pretty sure that my writing is going downhill, too, due to the lack of interesting activities. Sorry about that. Maybe something big will happen soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment