Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Shopping & Food

The day started out excellently because Mrs. Green brought by one of her heavenly pound cakes, which made for an amazing breakfast. After breakfast, Father had a meeting in Charlotte, so Mother and I shopped at Carolina Place Mall while he was being all important and whatnot. We were looking for a dress for me for Justin's wedding, but we didn't find anything good that would cover my scar completely. We walked away completely empty-handed, but we did discover a transvestite who works in Dillard's. That was pretty funny. We then met Aunt Susan and Deefle at Olive Garden for a scrumptious lunch. Unfortunately, our waiter was really annoying because he kept trying to tell us stories about his family. His stories were not funny, but he thought they were. It's like he was a stand-up comedian on the side or something, and he was practicing his jokes with us. I had a wonderful pizza with olives and tomatoes on it, as well as the salad, breadsticks, and obligatory sweet tea. We also enjoyed some excellent conversation, filled with lots of laughter and craziness. I'm sure the waiters were glad to be rid of us when we left. I was so tired, too. I napped on the way to Charlotte and on the way home, watched some Arrested Development, and then Mumphy and I watched Twilight while Deefle restored another world in Magic Carpet. I love Twilight far too much, and I'm dying for New Moon to come out already! Now I'm going to take a shower to prepare for my visit with Dr. Hey tomorrow. My back hurts so much from all the walking today, but I had a good time overall!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the visit in Raleigh goes well! HHEEYYY-HOOOOOEEEE - HHEEYYYY - HOOOOEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete