Friday, June 19, 2009

Hot Mess

Yesterday was just a hot mess. What else can I say? I got 4 hours of sleep last night and wouldn't let myself sleep any during the day because I hoped it would help me sleep better tonight. We'll see about that when I try to go to sleep in a little while. Sarah, Mumphy, and I had breakfast and just hung around in the den watching TV, The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful included, of course. We had planned to go see Up, but then we postponed it until the 9:20 showing. Sarah played some Broadway and Disney songs on piano, and I sang along until Deefle got mad and said maybe he shouldn't have retired. It's too bad the man doesn't appreciate true artistic talent. I went to take a shower and had Mumphy shave for me. I can do it myself now, if necessary, but it really does hurt. I was so exhausted, and with the combination of PMDD and Oxycontin withdrawal, I started to just lose it and get all cranky and weepy. I was able to get it together after about 30 minutes, and I found some old beads and started making a necklace while Mumphy dried and fixed my hair for me. She used her curlers on it, and it actually looked pretty cute. For the rest of the time until Goggy came to pick Sarah and me up at 6:30, my mom and I wrote out our ideas for a new series of children's books we're planning to write this summer. She's always wanted to do that, and she has recruited me for help and possibly illustrations. I would share more, but I don't want anyone stealing our ideas!

At 6:30, Gog came to pick us up, and we swung by to pick up Poo. All of a sudden, I started feeling weepy again and almost asked Goggy to take me back home so I didn't ruin the meal for anyone else, but I was able to suck it up. We ate at Blue Bay, and I had some delicious Alaskan white fish, salted and peppered, of course. Then Goggy took us on a little ride around the county. The more we rode around, the worse I started to feel. Eventually, we got home, and we were planning to pick up Poo at about 9:00 to see Up with us. This time, I totally broke down. I was crying uncontrollably and feeling just hopeless. It was like the end of the world, but I didn't know what was wrong with me. Like I said, it's just a mixture of PMDD and Oxycontin withdrawal, but the crying wouldn't stop. It took me about an hour to calm down, and I skipped the movie. Thankfully, I fell asleep on the sofa about 10:30 and slept for 2 hours. I've not had another emotional breakdown, and I hope that today was the worst of it. I knew Oxycontin was powerful, but I never knew it was this powerful. I need for all of it to be out of my system. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment