Monday, June 8, 2009

Not Much

I've had another one of those uneventful days, but it's not been too bad.  I went about 29 hours without medicine, which was somewhat of a mistake because I had trouble sleeping last night, but I'm really trying to wean myself off these drugs.  I guess I tried to do it a little too fast, though.  I am down to only taking Oxycontin twice a day now, along with sporadic Tylenol and Ibuprofen, so it's a lot better than it was.  At one point, I thought I was going to have to go back to Dr. Hey and ask him for more Oxycodone when I ran out of that, but I made it through.  Also, I'm dying to drop this Oxycontin so I can drive again!

As pathetic as it sounds, I'm so upset because I've now watched every single episode from every season of Whose Line is it Anyway on YouTube. I don't know what to watch now!  I could start watching my full collection of The Office DVDs again, I guess.  That's always a good option.  I watched The Notebook tonight when it was on TV, and despite many prior viewings, I always cry at it.  I hid it pretty well, though, since my dad was in the room, and he always makes fun of me when I cry at movies.  I'm too sensitive for my own good.  After rereading the Twilight books recently, I'm kind of lost in the world of vampires, and all my dreams revolve around Edward Cullen.  In every single dream, I'm either Bella Swan, or I'm fighting Bella for Edward's affection.  I always win, except for last night, which was terribly upsetting.  I woke up so sad and couldn't figure out why until I remembered my dream.  How pathetic am I?  Alas!  The life of a single 20-year-old recovering from back surgery and being a couch potato.

That's pretty much been my day.  It's past midnight now, so that was all yesterday, but it's all the same.  I figured I should update the blog for Mary's sake at least since she is my most devoted follower!  Speaking of Mary, I can't wait for this Friday night!  She is coming to visit, and we're having a milkshake night with Poo and Meagan.  It should be utterly fabulous.  Then I'm spending a few nights with Gog and Granddaddy while the parental units go to LA to visit Sarah, help her move to her new apartment, and then bring her home.  At least I have some events planned in the near future.  I need some things to do besides lie around and have weird dreams!  Of course, they're nothing compared to the morphine dreams I had right after surgery.  Oh, Sweet Lady Morphine.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Another post for me to read this morning! I love it! Normally it is the first website I hit right when my batonka-tonk hits my office chair and my computer powers on - but today I had something I had to get done first thing - so I am just now (at 9:36) getting to look at the blog! But how rewarding that there is a new entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm following too! Haha. I highly recommend old SNICK shows and TGIF shows on YouTube:

    Clarissa Explains It All
    Are You Afraid of the Dark?
    The Secret World of Alex Mack
    All That
    Kenan and Kel
    The Amanda Show
    Full House
    Step By Step
    Boy Meets World
    Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
    Growing Pains (which wasn't either SNICK or TGIF, but was good)

    Also, maybe you could find some Disney Channel Original Movies:

    Not Quite Human
    Mother Goose Rock 'n' Rhyme
    Perfect Harmony
    The Whipping Boy
    Heavyweights
    Escape to Witch Mountain
    Susie Q
    Wish Upon a Star
    Brink!
    Halloweentown
    Zenon
    Can of Worms
    Smart House
    Johnny Tsunami
    Genius
    Up, Up, and Away
    The Color of Friendship
    Alley Cats Strike
    Miracle in Lane 2
    Stepsister from Planet Weird
    Quints
    Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire (to feed off your Twilight interest)
    Motocrossed
    Luck of the Irish
    Stuck in the Suburbs

    Also, awesome Disney channel shows:
    So Weird
    Jett Jackson
    Flash Forward

    Now you have plenty of options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just looking forward to Milkshake Friday!!

    ReplyDelete