Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Big Day

The past few days have been pretty uneventful and unworthy of a blog entry, but today was my most strenuous day so far.  Of course, it's me, so the activities didn't really begin until after 4:00.  When Mother got home from work, I rode with her to pick up some food from Arby's because I was craving a sandwich, and we ate at home.  Then, I went with Mother to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for her Spanish IV class, to the high school to unload the groceries, and to Sonic to get an ocean water, also known as suntan lotion in a cup.  Ocean water really is delicious though. Altogether, I rode a lot in the car and walked a lot today.  I'm planning to hang out with fellow invalids Poo and Meagan tomorrow to join their TV, movie, and reading festivities.  Okay, so perhaps "invalids" is a strong word, so I'll say "patients" instead.  The three of us together would constitute an invalid though.  Bum shoulder, bum leg, and bum back. What an unfortunate person that would be! 

Now that I'm starting to feel a bit better, it's time to write thank-you notes. I have so many people to thank, and I've yet to make out a list of everyone. I'll be writing a million cards, but how can I possibly tell these people how much their gifts and support have meant to me?  Each little visit or present has just brightened my day so much, and I can't put my gratitude into words.  I'll sure try to, though, and by the time all the note-writing is over, I might have to have hand or wrist surgery, too.

Well, I suppose I'm going to continue lying on the couch watching Whose Line for the rest of the evening, but at least I did something productive and out of the house today!  I'm planning on taking a picture of my scar and posting it soon because it's healing very nicely.  It's also enormous. According to our K-Mart yardstick, it's 15 inches long, but the same yardstick also measures my height as 5'7", which is obviously not right.  I was 5'8" before the surgery, and I think I've gained about 2 more inches now.  Basically, I've come to the conclusion that although the K-Mart yardstick is completely worthless, I'm no longer completely worthless!

No comments:

Post a Comment