Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Day Of Firsts

Apparently, the Oxycontin is pretty much out of my system now. Two nights ago, I slept all night long and even later into the afternoon. Then yesterday, Mumphy and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some Father's Day gifts for Deefle. We got a little backyard pool, some UNC shirts, and tried to find a watch but were unsuccessful. He gets a watch when he can find the right one for him. I had also ordered a used CD of Magic Carpet, his old favorite computer game, off eBay in February. He was ecstatic and spent the rest of the night figuring out how to set it up on Windows XP since it is supposed to run on MS-DOS. Deefle has had a cold, so he went to bed early, and then the rest of us went to bed later. I had taken no medicine the entire day. Nothing at all. The pain wasn't too bad either, honestly. I fell asleep at about 3:00, and Sarah woke me up at 6:55 to say goodbye. Deefle was driving her to the airport, and she was off to NYC. I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't, and neither could Mumphy, so we both got up, had breakfast, and got ready for church. I actually wore a bra for the first time since the surgery, too! Deefle got home a bit later, and I had to take two Tylenol since I hadn't taken a thing yesterday. This was my first time going to church since the surgery, and although I was really glad to be there, the pew killed my back. Mumphy and I headed out of there pretty quickly, and the first thing I heard when we got home was the Magic Carpet theme song playing in the basement. Deefle was having a ball. We all had lunch at home, and then I took a nap. There was a tiny Father's Day celebration at Goggy and Granddaddy's house, so I went there when I woke up, and I drove for the first time since the surgery! It felt really weird, and I actually bumped my head on the doorframe when I first got in. My torso has definitely grown. Driving is something you don't forget how to do, though. Thank goodness, because I'm ready to just go on some drives to get a McDonald's sweet tea during the week and stuff like that. Only Goggy, Granddaddy, Mary, and Mumphy were at the celebration, and I had a delicious hot fudge cake sundae. Mary then had to go pick up her dog Stella from a friend's house at the river, so I rode with her out there. We got a tour of the house and everything. It was interesting. She drove me back to my car at the grandparents' house, we said our goodbyes, and I just drove home a few minutes ago. Basically, the past two days have been great. Sarah's in NYC having a great time now, and the rest of us are at home doing nothing, which means that I've got to figure out some kind of craft or project to work on. I'll be pondering my options over the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Just saying hello! I had the best time yesterday with you - even though it wasn't nearly as long as it should have been! But a little time is better than none! I can't wait to hear more about these children's books! That sounds like a great summer activity to me! OK - chat later!

    ReplyDelete