Sunday, June 14, 2009

With The Grandparents

Last night's country style steak was amazing, and Goggy made sure that I was extremely comfortable when I went to bed. We went for a little walk up her street, too. She kept telling me that she didn't have to go to church in the morning, but I convinced her to go. I can take care of myself. I took 4 Advil and 1 Oxycontin yesterday, and I didn't fall asleep until about 4:00 this morning, which isn't unusual at all. The grandparents didn't wake me up when they got up for church, but I woke up at about 10:30 and got dressed. It didn't take me long to realize that I wasn't ready to get up yet, so I climbed back in bed. When Goggy and Granddaddy got home at 12:30, they woke me up and told me that they would have lunch on the table in about 15 minutes. I said that I'd wait until then to get out of bed, but I fell asleep again, and Gog didn't wake me up until about 1:30. We had tuna salad for lunch, went for a walk, watched some TV, and then Gog wanted to check out my scar. She got me lying on my stomach on the bed and insisted on cleaning the incision with alcohol and cotton balls. Then she washed my whole back and my feet. I would've objected, but it felt too good. I just let her carry on. She covered me with a blanket afterwards, and I fell back asleep from 3:00 until 5:30. I had two incredible dreams during both of my naps today, and whenever I was awakened, I wanted to cry because reality was so awful compared to the dreams! Sigh. Gog decided that we needed to go for a ride, so Granddaddy chauffeured us around town. We ended up at KFC and had a good meal there, and then we came home. Of course, Gog insisted that I do some exercises to limber up my back, so we stretched a little bit in the kitchen, of all places. That's pretty much been my day. I assume that tomorrow will be about the same, except for maybe hanging out with Poo and Meagan, or maybe Abby. We shall see! My biggest accomplishment today has been not taking any Oxycontin. I've only had 2 Tylenol, and unless my pain increases tenfold in the next few hours, I plan to not take anything else! I probably won't be able to stop the Oxycontin cold turkey now, but I'm at least going to try to take it every other day instead of every single day. I hope it works because I'm ready to start driving again!

No comments:

Post a Comment