Thursday, June 18, 2009

Five Weeks

Today marks five weeks since the surgery. How crazy is that? I honestly don't know whether it feels like it was a longer or shorter amount of time ago. I feel a lot more like myself now that I'm off the Oxycontin, and even though the insomnia and restless legs are super-annoying, I'm just so happy to be doing better. I guess I shouldn't push it though, especially by picking up the cats, which I did thrice yesterday. I picked up Moses (17 pounds) twice and Zacchaeus (12 pounds) once. I just can't help it, but I've gotta do better, I know.

I updated during the day yesterday, and not much else happened than what I had said was going to happen in my previous blog entry. I went over to Goggy's for supper at about 7:15, and she was desperately trying to convince me to spend another night with her, insisting that my family would be too tired to even say hello to me when they got home from LA. Sarah is only home for a few days, though, and staying at Gog's was getting kind of old, so I told her I would rather come home. I know that my stay would've been more enjoyable had I not been going through drug withdrawal and she hadn't been trying to assume the role of Nurse Gog instead of just Gog. She was very reluctant to bring me home, but I had Mumphy call her and tell her that the family wanted me home, too. Even then, she tried to prolong my departure. Eventually, I got home, and the family arrived about 30 minutes later.

Sarah got me a really cute yellow UCLA shirt with precious tiny Bruins on it and the university logo. She then convinced me to watch a new Fox show online called Glee with her. It was excellent, and I can't wait to start watching it regularly when the season begins in the fall. In return, she agreed to watch Twilight with the family tonight. We're watching Twilight because I've now gotten my mom hooked on the saga ever since I gave her the first book for Mother's Day. Since she got out of school last week, she just now finished it, but she's ready to continue on to New Moon and so on and so forth. Excellent. Anyways, since Sarah and I finished Glee, I've just been watching more Whose Line. I hope I get some good sleep when I head upstairs, and Sarah and I are going to see Up today. I'm pretty sure that Poo, Sarah, and I are then going with Goggy to Blue Bay, so it'll be a good day. I've gotta keep tabs on my Tylenol dosages though. It's gotten to the point where I've been napping so much during the day since I can't sleep at night that I wake up from naps in a lot of pain and then have to catch up on Tylenol. It's all too confusing, but it's not Oxycontin! There's another thing to be grateful for!

1 comment:

  1. Blue Bay with Gog! I am jealous! My apologies that you didn't have a comment waiting for you when you woke up this morning - but I had meetings outside of the office this morning and didn't get in to even begin to check email, etc. until 2:00. I know you are SO happy to have your sister home with you for a few days. Enjoy it while you can and tell Sarah I say hello!!!!

    ReplyDelete