Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Visit From Nana & Boopa

I usually try to update the blog before midnight so I don't have to refer to "yesterday" instead of today, but once again, I missed the deadline. Yesterday was grand. I woke up to the sound of Deefle vacuuming outside my bedroom door at about 11:00, and then I got up and got ready for the grandparents to come visit at 3:00. About 2:00, I got really sleepy, especially since I had taken my morning dose of Oxycontin and Ibuprofen for the first time in a while, so I decided to take a short nap on the sofa in the den. At about 2:15, Nana and Boopa called and said that they had just entered the city limits, and Deefle told me to continue my nap upstairs. I crashed, and I didn't wake up until Mumphy got home about 4:30, but it took some coaxing to get me up. I went downstairs and greeted the grandparents, and they gave me my official birthday present of a beautiful Duke flag for the front yard, as well as some cash. Then, we all headed to Yadkin Valley, and they seated us at a table this time, which was much better on my back than the booth we had 2 weeks ago. I didn't even have to stand up and walk around a single time, but I did have my pillow. I had a yummy steak, broccoli and cheese, sweet tea, and a hot fudge cake sundae for dessert. Nana and Boopa left, and then we came home and relaxed as usual. Andrew called from Argentina, and it was great getting to talk to him! Everyone is abroad this summer! Andrew is in Argentina, and Jordan is leaving for Australia today. I'll just sit here and recover, I guess. In other news, Anna texted Sarah and said that she had just seen John Krasinski in Bowery Bar in NYC! Robert Pattinson was at the same bar last night, according to all the Twilight websites I check! I'm so jealous. She reported that John was tall, very cute, and had a great Jim Halpert smile. The best part was that Anna texted me and told me that John looked like he wanted her to tell me hello for him. I bet he did! Robert Pattinson and John Krasinski in that bar only one night apart. How I would've loved to have been there! Well, I'm gonna hang out downstairs a little longer and then head to bed. On Wednesday night, which can kind of be considered last night, I decided to read a bit of Granddaddy's book of war stories for the second time, but I got too hooked and ended up reading all of them. It's just like Band of Brothers, which I love, and it was just too interesting to put down. Tonight is Milkshake Night at the Baugh household, so I'm definitely looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment